Anti-Parasitic Foods & Herbs BLOG:
Parasites Defined BLOG:
Parasites and the Damage Done BLOG:
Risk Factors BLOG:
My Anti-Parasitic Protocol BLOG:
Colon Support BLOG:
Gluten Issues & Parasites BLOG:
Parasite Cleanse: Recipes & Meal Ideas BLOG:
Future BLOG posts to be released in 2018:
* Common types of parasites in the United States and other “developed” countries
* Common Symptoms of a Vitamin B12 Deficiency
* How parasitic infections are linked to various diseases ... especially auto-immune
* Liver Supporting Herbs
* Various Protocols & My Thoughts on Them
* How to Make Homemade Tinctures
* Additional Anti-Parasite Meal Ideas & Recipes
Please leave a comment if you have any requests. Thanks! :)
The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider before embarking on any diet, fast, exercise, or supplementation program and/or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. This information is from my research and from my personal experiences in dealing with a serious parasitic infection.
WARNING: Not all herbs listed here are compatible with each other. Please do not view this as a protocol. Some herbs have toxicity concerns and some herbs are not for some people (especially pregnant women, children, those with certain health issues, and/or those taking certain pharmaceutical medications). This applies to supplements as well.
Everyone needs to create their own protocol with the guidance of a health-care provider and/or herbalist. Everyone is different. The best approach for someone will depend on the type(s) of parasite, overall parasite load, health of individual prior to infection, length of time of infection, diet & lifestyle of individual, age of individual, etc.
Anti-Parasitic Herbs (I did not take these herbs necessarily at the same time or even during the same month, but have used and continue to use all of them as needed):
Beneficial Supplements that Assisted When Dealing with my Parasite Infection
(I did not take these all of the supplements at the same time or even during the same month. These are supplements that I found helpful on my health journey and continue to use.):
Thanks for reading my BLOG! Please post a comment or question. If you know of other herbs or supplements that assist in a parasite cleanse, please let me know what you found helpful.
¹Loyana Silva Godinho, Lara Soares Aleixo de Carvalho, Clarissa Campos Barbosa de Castro, et al., “Anthelmintic Activity of Crude Extract and Essential Oil of Tanacetum vulgare (Asteraceae) against Adult Worms of Schistosoma mansoni,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, Article ID 460342, 9 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/460342
Next BLOGS will be on the following in no particular order:
Peace & Love!
This is not a menu. This is not a diet plan. This is not a protocol. These are the foods that have been shown through research and historical use to have anti-parasitic properties. I have used all of these foods listed here during various phases of my treatment plan to eliminate my parasitic infection. I also eat on a regular basis, even when on an actual blend, as these foods are health promoting.
I am not claiming that this plan is right for you or someone you know.
This is information based on my research and personal experience only.
Please see a qualified healthcare provider for guidance.
• Raw Garlic
• Raw Onions
• Fresh Ginger & Fresh Turmeric
• Horseradish, Wasabi, Daikon Radish
• Hot Peppers (Jalapenos, Habaneros, Ghost Peppers (very hot – CAREFUL!), etc.)
• Pumpkin Seeds (and other Squash Seeds)
• Coconut (fresh and dried)
• Papaya (unripe/green) and Papaya Seeds
• Pineapple (fresh, raw, and with the core)
• Fresh Figs
• Blackberries & Cranberries
• Beets & Carrots (raw)
• Fennel (plant and seeds)
• Plantain leaf (Plantago spp. in Plantaginaceae family) not plantains related to bananas
• Fenugreek (sprouts and seeds)
• Fresh tomatoes (seeds have some anti-parasitic benefits)
• Cucumbers (seeds have some anti-parasitic benefits)
Anti-Parasitic Spices and Culinary Herbs:
• Seeds: Coriander, Fennel, Caraway, Cumin, Anise
• Carom Seeds (I use with jaggery or Indian Black Salt ... which is actually pink, but not the same as Himalayan Pink Salt)
• Cloves (whole clove buds freshly ground, preferred)
• Ceylon Cinnamon
• Cayenne Pepper
• Cardamom (more potent when using seeds from whole pods)
• Nutmeg & Mace
• Black Cumin Seed (Nigella sativa)
Foods that are beneficial during a parasite cleanse (although not specifically anti-parasitic, they do not feed the parasites when combined with anti-parasitic foods & help strengthen the host, which is key for the body to be able to eliminate the parasites):
• All Leafy Greens: Dandelion, Beet Greens, Kale, Swiss Chard, Parsley, Cilantro, etc.
• Non-starchy Vegetables: Cruciferous Vegetables, Summer Squashes, etc.
• Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries
• Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Black Sesame Seeds
• Fermented Foods: Sauerkraut, Grass-Fed Plain Yogurt & Kefir, Beet Kvass, etc.
• Cold-water fish like Sardines, Salmon, etc. [NOTE: not raw, smoked, or undercooked]
• Pastured Chicken or Turkey (bone broth is very beneficial)
• Pasture-raised Eggs
• Sprouted, raw Almonds
• Lemons, Limes, and (Yellow, preferred) Grapefruits with the seeds
• Legumes (sprouted and soaked before cooking)
Foods and Drinks I Avoid While Doing a Parasite Cleanse:
• All Refined Sugars & Sweeteners
• Refined Carbohydrates: Pasta, Crackers, Breads, Granola, Cereal, etc.
• Alcoholic Beverages (especially Beer)
• Commercial Kombucha
• Conventional Dairy
• Dried Fruits
• High Sugar Fruits
• Soda (conventional soda should always be avoided)
• Black Tea
• Fried Foods
• Seed Oils (I always avoid)
• Soy unless organic Natto, Miso, or Tempeh (I always avoid all non-fermented soy)
• Red Meat, Pork, Sushi & Sashimi (I always avoid all of these)
Learned about intestinal parasites from personal experience.
The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider before embarking on any diet, fast, exercise, or supplementation program and/or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Do not use or consume any wild plants based solely on the information on this website. © 2016-2023 I Love Iodine. All Rights Reserved.