Through the Skin via Sweating:
2. Roasted Chicory Root (Cichorium intybus)
3. Burdock Root (Arctium sp.)
6. Ckeavers (Galium aparine)
7. Stinging Nettles (Urtica dioica)
Add freshly squeezed lemon juice and raw honey to tea of choice to soothe a
sore, irritated throat.
2. Yellow Dock (Rumex crispus)
3. Chanca piedra (Phyllanthus niruri)
4. Burdock (Arctium sp.)
5. Dandelion (Taraxacum sp.)
6. Reishi (mushrooms)
7. Schisandra berry (Schisandra chinensis)¹ [also spelled Schizandra]
8. Plantain (Plantango sp.)
9. Greater Celandine (Chelidonium majus)
AKA nipplewort, swallowwort, or tetterwort
NOTE: tetterwort is also a name for Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis)
10. Stinging Nettles (Urtica dioica)
AVOID or REDUCE your toxic exposure:
1. Consume organic foods and drinks.
2. Do not eat foods or drink liquids out of cans, especially aluminum or cans lined with BPA (bisphenol-A).
3. Drink out of glass rather than metal (even food grade stainless steel) or plastic.
4. Grow your own: sprouts, herbs, vegetables, fruits, etc. or buy fresh foods at your local
farmers market or from your local farmer, or forage for wild plants.
5. Avoid processed packaged foods.
6. Say NO to GMOs.
7. Use natural beauty products.
8. Use natural household cleaning products.
9. Avoid polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), such as in flame retardant clothing, new cars, carpets, mattresses, etc. PBDEs are linked to cancer, developmental disorders,² thyroid dysfunction,³ etc.
Updated 3/23/18 with more to be added ... .
Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day!
¹Chen, Q., Zhang, H., Cao, Y., Li, Y., Sun, S., Zhang, J., & Zhang, G. (2017). Schisandrin B attenuates CCl4-induced liver fibrosis in rats by regulation of Nrf2-ARE and TGF-β/Smad signaling pathways. Drug Design, Development and Therapy, 11, 2179–2191. http://doi.org/10.2147/DDDT.S137507
²Martin, O. V., Evans, R. M., Faust, M., & Kortenkamp, A. (2017). A Human Mixture Risk Assessment for Neurodevelopmental Toxicity Associated with Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers Used as Flame Retardants. Environmental Health Perspectives, 125(8), 087016. http://doi.org/10.1289/EHP826
³Li, F., Xie, Q., Li, X., Li, N., Chi, P., Chen, J., … Hao, C. (2010). Hormone Activity of Hydroxylated Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers on Human Thyroid Receptor-β: In Vitro and In Silico Investigations. Environmental Health Perspectives, 118(5), 602–606. http://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.0901457
If you are interested in learning what brands I like, please go to my Favorites page.
Herbs & Supplements:
Some tips (in no particular order):
1. Eat clean (organic, non-GMO, unprocessed, real food, wild foods, no fried foods, no refined sugars, no factory farmed meats or fish, avoid bad fats including almost all oils, etc.)
2. Eat anti-parasitic, anti-fungal foods (many are both like garlic).
3. Consume (time tested through historical use) anti-parasitic, anti-fungal herbs.
4. Consume immune supporting foods, teas, and herbs.
5. Consume liver and kidney supporting foods, teas, and herbs.
6. Detox through sweating ... exercise, go outside on a hot day, saunas, hot yoga, etc.
7. Do not eat raw or under-cooked meats or fish ... these are known ways to be infected and one that is not well does not need to add gasoline to a fire.
8. Wash fruits and vegetables well.
9. Wash hands often with non-toxic soap.
10. Use natural hair, body, beauty, and dental products.
11. Consume fermented foods and beverages everyday.
12. Use clays, activated charcoal, food grade DE.
13. Consume colon function supporting foods and herbs.
14. Consume bitter foods or use digestive bitters to enhance digestion.
15. Drink clean filtered water. No fluoride. No chlorine. (Fluoride and chlorine are bad for so many reasons including lowering thyroid function.)
16. Avoid alcoholic beverages and carbonated beverages.
17. Take high-quality digestive enzymes.
19. Get adequate (high quality) sleep.
20. Be grateful.
21. Forgive others.
Many liver foods and herbs are also anti-parasitic like chicory and dandelion. The same hold true with the immune herbs. For example, Goldenseal is an excellent immune boosting herb and contains berberine that is super effective against fungus and protozoan parasites. In my opinion, spend $$ on real foods and herbs not endless (and often) invasive tests. Many people (in my opinion) are too dependent on tests. Just a short time ago, these so-called medical advancements were unheard of, yet our ancestors lived to old age. It is a myth that the life expectancy in the 20th and 21st century are much higher than the 19th century. It is known that once better sanitation practices were developed, deaths drastically declined. In addition, if you made it past 5 years of age, the odds of one living into their 70s and even 80s were not unusual. Just look at the life spans of the presidents.
Looking at the first five presidents:
The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider before embarking on any diet, fast, exercise, or supplementation program and/or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Do not use or consume any wild plants based solely on the information on this website. © 2016-2023 I Love Iodine. All Rights Reserved.