This is not a menu. This is not a diet plan. This is not a protocol. These are the foods that have been shown through research and historical use to have anti-parasitic properties. I have used all of these foods listed here during various phases of my treatment plan to eliminate my parasitic infection. I also eat on a regular basis, even when on an actual blend, as these foods are health promoting.
I am not claiming that this plan is right for you or someone you know.
This is information based on my research and personal experience only.
Please see a qualified healthcare provider for guidance.
• Raw Garlic
• Raw Onions
• Fresh Ginger & Fresh Turmeric
• Horseradish, Wasabi, Daikon Radish
• Hot Peppers (Jalapenos, Habaneros, Ghost Peppers (very hot – CAREFUL!), etc.)
• Pumpkin Seeds (and other Squash Seeds)
• Coconut (fresh and dried)
• Papaya (unripe/green) and Papaya Seeds
• Pineapple (fresh, raw, and with the core)
• Fresh Figs
• Blackberries & Cranberries
• Beets & Carrots (raw)
• Fennel (plant and seeds)
• Plantain leaf (Plantago spp. in Plantaginaceae family) not plantains related to bananas
• Fenugreek (sprouts and seeds)
• Fresh tomatoes (seeds have some anti-parasitic benefits)
• Cucumbers (seeds have some anti-parasitic benefits)
Anti-Parasitic Spices and Culinary Herbs:
• Seeds: Coriander, Fennel, Caraway, Cumin, Anise
• Carom Seeds (I use with jaggery or Indian Black Salt ... which is actually pink, but not the same as Himalayan Pink Salt)
• Cloves (whole clove buds freshly ground, preferred)
• Ceylon Cinnamon
• Cayenne Pepper
• Cardamom (more potent when using seeds from whole pods)
• Nutmeg & Mace
• Black Cumin Seed (Nigella sativa)
Foods that are beneficial during a parasite cleanse (although not specifically anti-parasitic, they do not feed the parasites when combined with anti-parasitic foods & help strengthen the host, which is key for the body to be able to eliminate the parasites):
• All Leafy Greens: Dandelion, Beet Greens, Kale, Swiss Chard, Parsley, Cilantro, etc.
• Non-starchy Vegetables: Cruciferous Vegetables, Summer Squashes, etc.
• Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries
• Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Black Sesame Seeds
• Fermented Foods: Sauerkraut, Grass-Fed Plain Yogurt & Kefir, Beet Kvass, etc.
• Cold-water fish like Sardines, Salmon, etc. [NOTE: not raw, smoked, or undercooked]
• Pastured Chicken or Turkey (bone broth is very beneficial)
• Pasture-raised Eggs
• Sprouted, raw Almonds
• Lemons, Limes, and (Yellow, preferred) Grapefruits with the seeds
• Legumes (sprouted and soaked before cooking)
Foods and Drinks I Avoid While Doing a Parasite Cleanse:
• All Refined Sugars & Sweeteners
• Refined Carbohydrates: Pasta, Crackers, Breads, Granola, Cereal, etc.
• Alcoholic Beverages (especially Beer)
• Commercial Kombucha
• Conventional Dairy
• Dried Fruits
• High Sugar Fruits
• Soda (conventional soda should always be avoided)
• Black Tea
• Fried Foods
• Seed Oils (I always avoid)
• Soy unless organic Natto, Miso, or Tempeh (I always avoid all non-fermented soy)
• Red Meat, Pork, Sushi & Sashimi (I always avoid all of these)
The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider before embarking on any diet, fast, exercise, or supplementation program and/or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem. Do not use or consume any wild plants based solely on the information on this website. © 2016-2020 I Love Iodine. All Rights Reserved.